1. Dr. Suess’s ABC. Best letter? Many mumbling mice are making music in the moonlight, mighty nice.
2. Subway, written by Anastasia Suen and illustrated by Karen Katz. Full of noises, full of trains (subways are considered trains by my 2 year old), and ok, yes, it’s a totally idyllic imagining of riding the NYC subway without the smell and ick factored in. Still lots of fun to read.
3. Iggy Peck, Architect written by Andrea Beatty and illustrated by David Roberts. There are not enough picture books about architects, I think.
4. Freight Train by Donald Crews. Such. A. Classic.
5. If You Give a Pig a Pancake by Laura Numeroff and illustrated by Felicia Bond.